TRAVELLING WITH CITYBUG
Travel during Level 3 Lockdown
You can travel on Citybug during the Level 3 Lockdown period if you have the needed permits.
Can I travel across provincial borders during Level 3 Lockdown?
Yes you can travel on Citybug across provincial borders during Level 3 Lockdown – if you have the required permits.
Who can travel across provincial borders?
- persons doing so in the course of carrying out work responsibilities or performing any service permitted under Alert Level 3, provided that such person is in possession of a permit issued by the employer.
- persons travelling for purposes of-
- moving to a new place of residence
- caring for an immediate family member:
Provided that such person is in possession of an affidavit (can be downloaded here and at the bottom of this page)
- members of Parliament performing oversight responsibilities;
- learners or students who have to commute to and from those schools or institutions of higher learning during periods when those schools or institutions are permitted to operate.
- the attendance of funerals
- the transportation of mortal remains
- obtaining medical treatment
- persons who are returning to their place of residence
- from a quarantine
- isolation facility
Which Citybug Routes are currently operating?
06:00 – Bloemfontein to Potchefstroom to OR Tambo
06:00 – Nelspruit to OR Tambo
06:00 – Nelspruit to Pretoria
06:00 – Nelspruit to Durban
06:00 – Durban to Nelspruit
08:00 – Nelspruit to OR Tambo to Potchefstroom
10:00 – Pretoria to Nelspruit
11:00 – OR Tambo to Bloemfontein
11:00 – OR Tambo to Nelspruit
13:00 – OR Tambo to Potchefstroom to Bloemfontein
13:00 – OR Tambo to Nelspruit
What is needed to travel with Citybug?
- Every passenger must arrange their own valid permit – we cannot do this for you.
- Only passengers with valid permits will be allowed on Citybug busses.
- If you already have a booking no admin fee will be charged to change tickets – please provide us with your reference number.
- Every passenger must wear a facemask.
- All passenegers will have their temerature taken – if yours is above 38°C you will not be able to travel.
- We sanitize every Citybug bus & luggage before every trip.
How do I book?
All bookings must be made telephonically.
Please call 0861 33 44 33 to book your ticket.
Each passenger must download and complete the required permit/affidavit themselves.
TRAVELLING WITH CITYBUG
Book your trip today
Whether it’s your first trip or simply your latest, we work to anticipate your every need