TRAVELLING WITH CITYBUG
Find answers to your booking, route, pricing & other questions here
- Tickets can be booked at:
- Citybug offices
- Through travel agents
- Online (10% off) via the Citybug website
- Citybug Shuttle App
- Tickets are not transferable and are valid for use only by the persons to whom they are issued and for the date and time shown thereon.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that the correct information is shown on the ticket.
- If any payments are outstanding at the time of arrival at the drop off point, luggage will be held back until payment has been received.
- Allow 3 hours (International flights) and 2 hours (Domestic flights) on departure and arrival times when making a booking with Citybug when travelling to an airport destinantion.
- For tickets booked at a Travel Agent, all changes are to be made by the Travel Agent, not the passenger.
- Tickets may be moved up until – but no later than – four (4) hours prior to departure time.
- A time or date change, flight delay, doctor’s letter or name change will result in the issue of a replacement ticket and admin fee of R75,00 per respective change. Passengers are not allowed to break their journey unless separate tickets are issued at the appropriate fares, for each individual journey.
- Any excess moneys will be used for admin fees and the balance will be forfeited.
- A 30% cancellation fee will be charged.
- Once a ticket has been moved it cannot be cancelled.
- If a cancellation is not made 24 hours before departure, you will forfeit your money.
- Passengers are required to be at departure points 20 minutes before the time of departure shown on the ticket. Any seat not filled within 5 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, will be offered for sale to standby passengers on a first come, first served basis.
- If you are not on the bus at departure time, you forfeit your money.
- Unless contracted to the contrary, and at the sole discretion of Citybug, each fare-paying passenger is permitted to take (free of charge and at own risk) two suitcases not exceeding 80cm X 60cm X 30cm in size, of a total mass not exceeding 30kg.
- Extra luggage is allowed at a fee only by prior arrangement. No bodyboards /skateboards/ surfboards/ bicycles are allowed.
- Citybug reserves the right to refuse the carriage of luggage which does not comply with these conditions.
- Large items must be carried in the luggage compartment and loaded only by the passenger.
- Unaccompanied luggage will not be carried.
- Citybug is not responsible whatsoever for loss or damage to passenger’s luggage or personal effects.
- Citybug provides passenger liability insurance, in case of an accident caused by Citybug. However, insurance of passenger’s property or luggage is the passenger’s responsibility.
- Hand luggage must fit unto your lap. No backpack is allowed in the bus.
- Is prohibited on/ near all the coaches (tobacco/ electronic devices)
- No animals will be allowed on the coaches with exception of a trained guide dog accompanying a blind passenger.
- No unaccompanied children under the age of 12 years will be carried.
- All children 3 years and younger must be in a car seat as required by Law. Citybug provides a car seat free of charge – prior arrangement with the office.
- Children 6 years and younger only pay half price on tickets.
- Citybug will make every effort to keep to the current published timetable, but services may be affected by road, weather or other conditions beyond Citybug’s control. Citybug will therefore not accept liability for any costs incurred by passengers under such circumstances.
- Citybug makes every effort to ensure connections between its services where appropriate. However, no liability can be accepted for loss or damages caused by any failure to make these connections or those perceived to exist with other service providers.
- Citybug reserves the right to revise coach allocations without notice.
- Passengers are not permitted to travel on the vehicles between depots or other parking places and terminal points.
- Citybug reserves the right to cancel any of its services for whatever reason without notice. Under no circumstances will any liability be accepted for losses incurred by pre-booked passengers.
- Citybug insurance are only liable for passengers where Citybug was at fault.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any passenger(s)
- Citybug reserves the right to refuse the consumption of alcohol on its coaches, or not to undertake the conveyance of any passengers who enters the vehicle whilst intoxicated.
- All fares and schedules are subject to change without notice.